New Rider Course
- Friendly, enthusiastic Harley-Davidson Rider's Edge and Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) certified Instructors make learning a breeze.
- Classroom time gets you familiar with the bike, the controls, and the inner workings of the Motor City Harley-Davidson dealership.
- Learn the basic motorcycling skills on our range with a 492 cc Buell® Blast® provided by MCHD.
- Successful course completion will streamline your Michigan motorcycle licensing process and may help you get a discount on motorcycle insurance.
Skilled Rider Course
- Use your own bike (or a rental) and build your skills on the Motor City H-D closed course rider training range.
- Improve your mental and physical skills for real time riding.
- Enhance the following skills: control at low speeds, risk management, limited space maneuvers, cornering judgment, stopping quickly in a curve, swerving and stopping quickly, multiple curve maneuvers and surmounting objects.
- Successful course completion may help you get a discount on motorcycle insurance.
- The Skilled Rider Course satisfies the US Military 'rider update' requirements for cruisers and touring bikes.